Thursday 16 August 2012

MillPoint Caffé Bookshop

"I'm BOOKed for life"

millpointbookcaffe.com.au

Never would I see myself stepping into a bookshop in this very technologically orientated society, but it all changed when C and I met up for a catch up at Millpoint Cafe bookshop. It was a rainy, cold afternoon and like them movies I was running in the rain with my umbrella hoping it wouldn't flip on me and opening the door to a warm bookshop, stepping into creaky wooden floor boards, the smell of books and coffee just instantly warmed my heart, it was the perfect place to catch up on a rainy day.




Millpoint bookshop cafe is literally a bookshop and a cafe in one, located opposite my favourite Italian place Ciao Italia. There were books displayed on shelves and tables scattered in between, it sets up the perfect environment to read a book and sip on coffee. There's only 3 large tables in the bookshop area but have no fear, there's more at the back of the store with the option to sit outside under the sun. In this case everyone sat under the shelter.

Warm bookshop interior


Best spot at the back..otherwise it's metal tables and metal chairs


C and I sat at the back, it was packed and we were lucky to have gotten a table, I believe you can call up to make reservations as there was a table reserved, if you can't get the tables in the bookshop definitely request for the couch outside.

I ordered the scrambled eggs with goat's cheese and chives served on toasted ciabatta bread. C had the vegie deluxe sandwich consisting of eggplant, sweet potato, tomato, roasted peppers, greens and fruit chutney. For drinks I had the tropical dream - orange, pineapple, lychee and lemon.



My scrambled eggs was cooked perfectly, not too runny and not too dry, there was white pockets of goats cheese which I loved! not being ripped off in the goats cheese department here. My juice was refreshing, I loved the lychee addition.

Gourmet chevre scrambled eggs

Tropical dream

I tasted abit of C's sandwich I liked it..very healthy and the combination of sweet potato, eggplant and roasted capsicum was a perfect combination, the chutney was slightly salty which went well with what was a naturally sweet sandwich.

Vegie deluxe sandwich

Overall, I enjoyed the atmosphere to this cafe and the simple brunch it serves, I am definitely BOOKing another catch up here either for brunch, lunch or just desserts as they have plenty of cakes displayed at the counter. 


MillPoint Caffé Bookshop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment