Tuesday 21 August 2012

Ellie's Tent

"Shake those full bellies"


Looking for somewhere different to dine? A different experience? Cuisine? Ellie's tent is fun interactive dining, Lebanese style.

Ellie's tent is perfect for large group bookings and seatings are unique, you can choose to have table and chairs OR sit in harem squares! in this case pfft..who needs chairs :P I booked the harem square for 16 people and we were given a whole section just for us. 

First impressions coming in, it didn't look as extravagant as the photo on the website, I just saw wooden tables and chairs and fabrics draped across the ceiling, but after walking further towards the end, voila! there were the harem squares.

Ellie's tent interior

The harem square comes as a floor seating or high floor seating (basically like a square booth). I would've preferred the high floor seating but it wasn't able to fit 16 people. Having said that I still enjoyed sitting on the floor. Our seating was elevated by a step and covered with carpet, the area was decorated with middle eastern decor such as instruments, candle stands and rugs displayed on the wall it really added to the experience.

Dining lebanese style in harem squares





Bf and I shared the Lebanese banquet $35pp, it was definitely more than enough and I wouldn't have chosen anything else. I wanted the ultimate Lebanese experience. The banquet consists of Hoummos, Moutabbal, Tabbouleh, Falafel, Sambousik, Fetta Cheese, Shish Tawook, Shish Kebab, Seasoned Rice, Shawarma Lamb, Shawarma Chicken. 

First of all the falafel arrived and the lovely waitress told us about how her mum's (chef) falafels are slightly different to the ordinary hence it was a little more greener (don't quite remember why, parsley?), her marketing skills for the falafel worked and my other friends ended up ordering a couple for themselves, I think they gave it to them for free too :) I liked the falafel, crunchy on the outside and soft in the centre, it was like a potato ball but with chickpeas..obviously healthier haha. The sambousik was like a full on meat curry puff minus the curry, I enjoyed it but honestly I still prefered the usual curry puffs.

Falafel

Sambousik

The hoummos and moutabbal looked delicious with the paprika and olive oil drizzled on top, both dips went well with the pita bread, I particularly liked the sweet smoky egg plant flavour of the moutabbal. The Shish kebab was tender, I probably would've liked it more marinated but that's just me..always wanting everything marinated haha..The taboulleh and feta cheese was fresh and complimented well with all the deep fried and grilled dishes, it was fun eating the banquet, you could put all the meat and dips into the pita and have it like a kebab or just have a little bit of everything.

Hoummus, Moutabbal, feta cheese and falafel

How good does this hoummos look

Shish Tawook, Shish Kebab and tabbouleh

The bf and I was very full at this point, BUT THERE WAS MORE :O the seasoned rice dish with shawarma chicken and lamb and in the end we couldn't finish it. I didn't quite enjoy this, it was probably because I was too full and was forcing it in, but I think it needed more flavour. Overall I enjoyed the banquet but I found most dishes had the same level of subtle flavour, I think maybe having a stronger flavour with the meat and rice would allow the refreshing nature of the tabbouleh, feta cheese and dips to shine and compliment the main dishes.

Seasoned rice and shawarma chicken and lamb

Most of my friends ordered from the ala carte menu which majority is basically one of the items from the banquet and a side. Here are some snaps.




Soon after finishing our meals, the music suddenly became louder, that was when I knew my long awaited moment has arrived. BELLY DANCER! They didn't call her a belly dancer for nothing, she really knew how to shake it. A couple of us were good sports and joined the dancer when she 'lured' them in, do not assume that just because you're sitting in the back corner, you won't be targeted by the dancer, even if it's inconvenient for you to get out of your table she can still pick you regardless. There were actually two sessions of belly dancing so don't be quick to leave after the first dance.


Belly dancer!

No one  is safe haha!

Ellie's tent is a great addition to Perth's multicultural scene and I enjoyed experiencing the Lebanese cuisine and customs. Definitely dine in the weekends for the belly dancing.

Elie's Tent on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

  1. Great article that you published about the Best Asian Restaurant which has lots of variety of Asian food. Your blog is very valuable. I appreciate the efforts which you have put into this blog and also it is very interesting. You can check the list Here



    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ellie's Tent sounds like an amazing dining experience! The idea of interactive dining in Lebanese style, especially in the unique harem squares, sounds like a lot of fun. It's great to hear that even though the initial impression wasn't extravagant, the interior and atmosphere lived up to expectations. It's evident that the restaurant offers a unique and entertaining dining experience for large groups and individuals alike, making it a great addition to Perth's multicultural scene. Thanks for sharing your Best Restaurantsin experience; it definitely makes me want to give Ellie's Tent a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I must say, Ellie's Tent seems like a hidden gem! From the glowing reviews and delightful menu choices, I can't wait to experience their delicious cuisine. The cozy ambiance and friendly service mentioned by others are a huge draw. Count me in for a visit soon, However I have recently explore and recommend all of you to check out list of Best Cafes in Wollongong published by Australia Cite as this list saved my lot of time in choosing the best Cafes among the numerous of Cafes, it is a must visit list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a delightful post! "SHAKE THOSE FULL BELLIES!" Indeed, there's no better feeling than indulging in a sumptuous meal and savoring every flavor that tantalizes our taste buds.Speaking of gastronomic delights, if you ever find yourself in Perth, Australia, I highly recommend trying out the Best Restaurant Perth. With its exquisite ambiance, top-notch service, and a menu that boasts a tantalizing array of dishes, it's an absolute gem for all food enthusiasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post about indulging in sumptuous meals is delightful! If ever in Perth, Australia, I'll definitely check out the "Best Food Perth" for its exquisite ambiance and tantalizing menu. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wrote a great post on the best Asian restaurant with a wide selection of Asian cuisine. Your blog has a lot of value. It's really intriguing, and I appreciate the work you put into this site. Visit Here

    ReplyDelete