Tuesday 17 May 2011

Bollywood Restobar

Excellent atmosphere + Delicious food = THUMBS UP

Travelling to Inalloo from down south was definitely worth the drive because this place was four thumbs up ^^ I came here with a big group of friends to farewell a friend of mine who absolutely loves this place..he has good taste I have to say.

Bollywood Restobar is a classy Indian restaurant owned by the same people who run 2 Fat Indians. I've eaten in both restaurants and I personally preferred Bollywood Restobar. I loved the interiors especially the couch area with the beautiful curtains draping around it...I reckon if you're making a reservation for this restaurant, you should request the couch seating area haha...probably not for a big group though. Anyways..straight to the cuisine.


I believe Indian food should be shared amongst a small group of people so everyone can have a taste of everything. I shared with 4 of my friends and we ordered 3 curries, 2 garlic naan bread baskets, vegetarian entree platter and a bowl of saffron rice. Probably should've ordered 4 curries as the serving sizes were smaller than we expected.

Vegetable Platter
Samosa, Onion Bhaji, Paneer Bhatti Tiika, Methi Chaman Kebab

Ordering the vegetarian entree platter *although probably not the first choice for the boys* was a good choice since all our curries were all meat based and it had a good variety of Indian nibblies. I really enjoyed it. I don't quite remember what everything was but the onion bhaji went really well with curry, both a combination of sweetness from the onions and chilli richness from the curry. The onion bhaji can be ordered as a single side dish...well basically everything on this platter can be ordered individually..the platter was basically a taste of everything, a tasting adventure. Then came the curries...


Lamb Korma, Goat curry and Chicken Tikka Masala

Lamb Korma

Goat curry


Bollywood Khaas

And can't forget the garlic naan *which i ALWAYS order* and saffron rice


I loved the curries, they were rich and just the perfect amount of spiciness to it, If I had to choose a favourite, it would be the lamb korma but my other friends liked the goat curry more.. mostly because korma was very original, but I liked the creamy texture to it and the flavour. I think the Korma is a popular choice in this restaurant.

If I was to give some negative comments about this place it would be the fact that the portions were quite small and they probably could have been abit more generous with the meat in the curries, the lady who took our order was quite blunt and not very enthusiastic...she was probably having a bad day.. it was very packed after all and lastly I didn't order dessert * SHOCK* why? because the dessert menu was basically fancy ice cream which I know comes in boxes and pretty much sold in many places even in the cafe bus port =-= I've tasted them before, they're nice but just knowing that it's not restaurant made didn't appeal to me.

Despite the negative comments, I enjoyed dining in this restaurant and would definitely come again even if it means travelling up woop woop.

Bollywood Restobar
Greater Union Cinema Complex
Corner of Liege Street
& Scarborough Beach Road
Innaloo, Perth, WA 6018

Phone 08 9244 5499
Fax 08 9244 4988
Email info@bollywoodrestobar.com.au

Trading Hours
Lunch: Sunday 11.30 a.m - 2.30 p.m
Dinner: open 7 days 5.00 p.m - 10.30 p.m
 

Bollywood Restobar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment