Tuesday 14 June 2011

V Burger Bar

http://www.vburgerbar.com.au/

I've heard many wonderful things about this Burger joint in Victoria park, so I came here with two of my friends again on my quest to find the BEST blue cheese burger!

When we arrived, the joint was packed...all seats were taken so we ended up sitting on a bench...and I ordered the BLUE MUSHY - prime beef,  melted blue cheese, grilled mushroom, mixed lettuce, tomato, onion and aioli $14.

Blue Mushy
The burger was nicely presented with a chargrilled bun and lots of height, but honestly, I did not enjoy my BLUE MUSHY. Something was missing and I realise it needed something sweet like a relish which most burger joints that I've been to had relish in the blue cheese burger. Without it the burger just tasted boring and quite tasteless. I couldn't really taste the blue cheese either. I was rather disappointed AND I had a hard time eating the burger with my two hands so had to use the knife and fork =-=. My friend couldn't understand why I kept ordering the blue cheese burger so he decided to give it a go for the first time...it's a shame it didn't live up to my standard. He too didn't really think it was that great.

Front: Blue Mushy, Back: F.B.A
My other friend ordered the F.B.A - Full Blooded Aussie $13.80...she ate it all with ease but wasn't raving about it much either. So I guess it was just standard.

We also ordered onion rings and aioli on the side and these onion rings were HUGE! and crispy but also VERY oily...it made me rather sick after eating two..we had a hard time finishing a bowl.

Onion rings with Aioli
Overall...the blue cheese burger was a FAIL here and I've definitely had better, but I wouldn't discourage others from coming here and trying out the other burgers.

Opening Hours
Monday – 5:00pm to 9:30pm
Tuesday to Thursday – 11:30am to 9:30pm
Friday to Saturday – 11:30am to late
Sunday – 11:30am to 9:30pm

V Burger Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment