Sunday 12 August 2012

Beethoven

"A German feast fit for Beethoven"

I love eating German food and dining in Beethoven didn't disappoint. I came here with the bf and his family, my first impressions of the interiors is a little tired and outdated but tables are fairly spaced out so it's a good place for intimate dining, there were also couch seatings which I am a fan of. I also loved the mural on the ceiling.



Nice mural on the ceiling

Honestly, I actually thought this place would have a dress standard after having a browse through the menu displayed outside a few years ago (I was turned away after seeing the prices, mains starting at $35 onwards), the exteriors also looked deceivingly posh. So I have to admit I was abit disappointed at its rather casual standards which did not match the prices of the dishes.

We ordered the following dishes to share amongst us:
Market Fish Fillet served on creamed saffron leaks, spring onion vierge and finished with a spiced tomato Shorba sauce

Camembert cheese wrapped in smoked salmon crumbed and oven baked served on a baby spinach, poached pear and walnut salad finished with a gourmet mushroom sauce

Moroccan spiced tiger prawns served with cold potato salad and basil oil

Pork shank- Oven roasted pork knuckle with crispy crackle, served with Sauerkraut, Roast potatoes and fresh apple mousse

The Market fish fillet was delicious! you can really taste the saffron from the creamy leaks and it goes well with the perfectly cooked fish. 

Market Fish Fillet served on creamed saffron leaks, spring onion vierge and finished with a spiced tomato Shorba sauce.

Camembert cheese wrapped in smoked salmon crumbed and oven baked served on a baby spinach, poached pear and walnut salad finished with a gourmet mushroom sauce.

Unfortunately the smoked salmon dish was not as good as I thought it would be, I think it was the poached pear and walnut salad that got me excited, but in the end I couldn't really taste/find much pear. More sweetness from the pears would've gone really well with the dish. I also expected oozing camembert cheese, but that wasn't the case :(


Moroccan spiced tiger prawns served with cold potato salad and basil oil

The Moroccan spiced prawn dish would have to be one of the winners! the potato salad was so creamy and prawns spiced and cooked perfectly. The only thing I would fault, is the portion..it should have been bigger but then again, it was an entree so they're forgiven :)


Pork shank- Oven roasted pork knuckle with crispy crackle, served with Sauerkraut, Roast potatoes and fresh apple mousse

It isn't a German feast without pork shank. This was the hero of the night, we all dug in like a bunch of carnivores. the slightly sourness of the sauerkraut and sweet apple mousse went so well with the juicy tender pork. Potatoes was delicious too..buttery and perfectly cooked, I would have liked abit more potatoes though. Germans must be really good with their potatoes as I was also blown away by the potatoes served in Alpine.

Overall, I had a pleasant meal, the only thing would be the prices of the meals, if it weren't so pricey I would happily go back. Negatives aside, I do hope people will give it a chance and that Beethoven will keep running for many more years to come as Perth isn't blessed with many German restaurants.

Beethoven on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment